Tuesday, October 07, 2008

My first book!
About November last year, I was working with Kingfisher on "Mrs Frisby and the Rats of Nimh" (1 story within the compilation) and, now, my 2 copies arrived last Friday! It was so exciting, I had no idea what was inside the package, even after seeing 'Macmillian' printed on the outside.. it still didn't click until a few moments later, when I tore it open - it was like Christmas! It's so lovely to see it in print. There's 16 stories in total illustrated by other fabulous artists, and mine is on pg 38.
Look! Can you see my name? And my mouse?Here's little tiny Timothy, the poorly mouse in bed with fever...
And here's Mrs Frisby, delighted at how Spring has finally sprung! (She's so happy that she's singing by the looks of it!)
Ah, and here is pessimistic little Mrs Shrew, forcasting doom and gloom...
How will it end!? You'll have to buy the book to find out!
I think it looks just grand on my shelf, with all my other books! And Mrs Frisby even stars on the spine of the book too! *grin*

19 comments:

Deb said...

wow! its looks so shiny. well done you! dx.

Kristi Valiant said...

How delightful! Congrats Paula!

Catherine said...

It looks lovely :D

June said...

And you should indeed feel proud, as it looks lovely. Congratulations Paula.

Gail said...

It must be really lovely to see your illustrations in print - well done! ;-)

paula said...

Hiii, thanks for all the lovely comments! It's so exciting :o)

Jess said...

Congratulations Paula, you must be sooo excited! I see you too have a copy of Shirley Hughes! (I love that book.)

natural attrill said...

congrats!
toby.

natural attrill said...

Well done Paula! I am not suprised that you feel proud, so you should!Penny.
x

Rima said...

Well done Paula! That must feel so brilliant :) X R

paula said...

ooh, thanks Jess, Toby, Penny and Rima :o) I will certainly treasure this book for ever and ever! x

Gabby said...

Oooh, how exciting - haven't been around for ages and then when I look back lovely things like this have happened!

Conratulations published person!

Lauren said...

you should be proud! It's wonderful! xx

clare said...

Your work looks fab in the book! Congratulations, Paula : )

Soozcat said...

So thrilled for you! I loved Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH growing up. Your illustrations for it are top-notch.

paula said...

Hello Gabby, Lauren, Clare and Sooz! Thanks for all the congratulations and the nice comments :o) I hope you are all well x

kathy hare said...

congratulations, your work is beautiful..

J.R.Poulter/J.R.McRae said...

Rightly proud!
It looks lovely - great story too - my kids studies it at school and I think it was the only study book they LOVED!

Paige Keiser said...

Congratulations, your work is wonderful!