Monday, November 03, 2008

Cosy things......scary things...and lovely things.......new slippers and pyjamas......(which Daisy approves of)..
and a gloriously messy desk!
And a sparkley star-shaped invite to the Christmas party of the publisher I am working with at the mo, how exciting!

I'm still here, sorry haven't blogged in a while. Lots has been happening.

I'm going away to Madrid soon for a long weekend, I can't wait! I'm visiting a fellow illustrator friend and her family. I haven't been away in years, so it will be something extra special visiting a friend too. It's a bit of a spontaneous decision but those are often the best kind. We are hoping to go to a Flamenco Bar and visit the big Rastro market on sunday :o)

And the dummy book I worked on a few weeks ago was received well at Frankfurt, so we now have the go ahead for the whole book! And it's with one my 'dream publishers', which must be why I feel like I'm dreaming most of the time...

And there's changes a-foot at the moment too, as I have to move house soon. Me and my housemates must move on, so I am currently house hunting! I'm not tooo worried at the moment, I'm planning on drawing and painting up until the move date and then take 2 days off to move and unpack. There seem to be a lot of lovely houses around with nice housemates, so we shall see! In 2 months time I will have a new home! It's exciting too, in a way....

Here's a pretty tune that I like. It's called 'Words to that effect', by 'Hint', from the album 'Portakabin Fever':

6 comments:

Jess said...

Flamenco bar?... In Bristol? Is it El Puerto?? I go there to see friends play (and dance) on sunday nights!

paula said...

Hello Jess! No, a flamenco bar in Madrid! Good to know there's a flamenco bar in bristol too though, perhaps I'll visit there upon my return...

natural attrill said...

Hello Paula,
Thats great news about your book, well done!
Have a fantastic trip to Spain.
Penny.
x

Gail said...

Lots of good news Paula - well done. Enjoy the trip to Madrid and goodluck with the move too ...

-Gail X

Jess said...

Do go along when you get back Paula, and take any spanish friends with you. It'll be good for those spanish withdrawal symptoms when you get back!x

June said...

I can verify that the new Paula haircut looks lovely :o)

I hope you enjoy that special publisher's Christmas party. Have a brilliant time, then tell us all how wonderful it was.