Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hello! It's been a while since my last visit here, I hope everyone had happy new year celebrations. I'm looking forward to what 2012 has in store.

Lately I have been thinking and developing some stories, some fresh ones and some which have been lurking in the dusty cobwebbed corners of my head.. I brought them out for an airing over the winter holidays, and am feeling excited about them again. So I'm sketching storyboards and characters for possible future picture books :)

Meanwhile, I am collaborating with the fabulous animator, Lizzie Wakefield, on an illustrated animation to enter in a competition together. I can't wait to see my pictures brought to life!

Here's a peek at a couple of 'still' scenes from our animation:

5 comments:

yvette said...

wow, bit different to your usual, and looking tremendous...cannot wait to see them animated :)

Sam Church said...

I agree! I look forward to seeing the pictures moving...

Catherine Hayward said...

Looking good! I like the knitting granny especially. :-) Very interested to see it animated.

(The last one reminds me of someone...)

ti-igra said...

FANTASTIC!!!!!! How cool! :))))
I love your sketches!!!! :) They are very truthfull!

Jon Davis said...

The animation looks really interesting, good luck with it. Do post more as it develops :)