Friday, October 04, 2013

Gromit Unleashed Auction

Wow! What a night! After 10 weeks of the public art trail, the auction of all 81 Gromits took place last night, raising money for The Grand Appeal to support sick children and their families at Bristol Children's Hospital.
I'm astounded by the generous bidders, who raised a total of £2,357,000.00! And I'm so very proud to say that my Gromit, Bunty, raised £31,000. I'm so pleased to have been a part of this.
I also said at the beginning of the trail, if people send me their photos of Bunty, then I will choose my favourite and send them a small prize. It's not too late, so send me your photos by 18th October, and I'll announce the winner on 21st October! The winner will get a signed copy of my latest book What Goes Up and a signed print from the book. 

Find out more about the auction at the BBC Here

No comments: