Monday, July 13, 2015

Shaun in the City

I am so proud to be one of 70 artists to have painted a Shaun for Bristol's 'Shaun in the City'!

My Shaun is called 'A Sheep's Eye View' and is at home outside the Clifton Observatory (my sponsor). He has his own little grassy pen surrounded by a white fence, and some hay bales to keep him happy.
He is inspired by Bristol, with city views around the harbour. There is Temple Meads, the M Shed, SS Great Britain, Tobacco Factory, Ashton Court, the Suspension Bridge wrapped around his tail, and then Clifton, Hotwells and the harbour, and finally Park Street and the Arnolfini (and many more in between!) It's definitely a 'see how many landmarks you can spot' kind of Shaun. I had great fun painting him, and really enjoyed adding as much detail as I could! (I was still painting an hour before they came to pick him up!)

Here are some shots of some of the detail...





I usually paint quite small, in water colour for children's books, so painting something so big is a new thing for me! (Although I did paint a Gromit in 2013) I painted Shaun in my studio, and was good fun sharing the experience with my fellow studio buddies.

www.paulabowles.co.uk



Wallace & Gromit’s Children’s Foundation. Charity no. 1043603

Shaun the Sheep & Shaun in the City ©& ™ Aardman Animations Ltd 2015

No comments: